Skyblazon reveals the Top 7 Secrete About Pope John VIII That You Will Never Believe ever happened, it was recorded by BBC Pope John wrote a letter to a married woman, the Polish-born philosopher Anna-Teresa Tymieniecka, that shed new light on his emotional life. . . . . .
7. Pope John was born in Rome, Papal State.
6. He devoted much of his papacy attempting to halt and reverse the Muslim gains in southern Italy and their march northwards, which was “destroying the economy of papal patrimony.
5. He was mostly mistaken to be Pope Joan
4. John VIII was assassinated in 882, almost certainly by his own clerics
3. He authorized the translation of the Bible into Slavonic and extended diplomatic recognition to the Duchy of Croatia.
2. In 876, John VIII traveled throughout Campania in an effort to form an alliance among the cities of Salerno, Capua, Naples, Gaeta and Amalfi against Muslim raids.
1. He was the first pope in history to suffer assassination