Snoop Dogg is one of the biggest rappers of all time. He is entertaining, talented, and a family man. Most people know his voice when they hear it but how much do you really know about the man behind the music. Snoop Dogg is one of the best rappers of all time. He is also an actor, a producer, a father and a husband. He has earned the respect of all those in the entertainment business. Check below to see Fascinating and Interesting Facts About Snoop Dogg.
SNOOP DOGG – Fascinating and Interesting Facts About Snoop Dogg
7. Snoop never met his biological father. When he was born he was named with his stepfather’s last name, Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr. He recently changed his stage name, as well. For years, he was known as Snoop Dogg. Now he is known as Snoop Lion. The name change was after he became born again into the Rastafarian religion when he visited Jamaica in 2012.
6. Not only is most of his family famous, but his best friend was a famous rapper too. Snoop and Tupac were best friends in 1996. Snoop was so sad when Tupac was murdered that he refused to leave his house for almost six weeks.
5. Snoop has been married to Shante Broadus since 1997. He filed for divorce in 2004. He claimed he had forgotten how important family was to him. Once he returned home, he fell back in love with his wife. They remarried right away. The couple share three children.
4. When he began recording, Broadus took the stage name Snoop Doggy Dogg. Dr. Dre began working with Snoop Dogg, first on the theme song of the 1992 film Deep Cover, and then on Dr. Dre’s debut solo album The Chronic with the other members of his former starting group, Tha Dogg Pound. In 2005, Snoop started a youth football league that has helped launch a few NFL careers, including Greg Ducre, Kam Jackson, and Ronnie Hillman who was the first Snoop Youth Football League alum to win a Super Bowl.
3. There is definitely some truth to the saying “It runs in the family.” What are the odds that the Long Beach rapper Snoop Dogg and the popular R&B singer Brandy would happen to be related? Snoop is a direct cousin to Brandy (and her brother Ray J) – the two of them have even appeared on a song together. That particular track was called “Special” and it also featured the musical prodigy Pharrell Williams.
2. Snoop is especially fond of football and basketball. Snoop’s favorite teams include the Pittsburgh Steelers, Oakland Raiders, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, L.A. Lakers, and the L.A. Dodgers. Snoop was famously on trial for murder and got off without any charges when the whole affair ended in a mistrial. The publicity of case helped boost sales of Snoop’s debut album, Doggy style, to over five million copies which, although successful, is not an entrepreneurial tactic they recommend at Wharton.
1. As a boy, his parents nicknamed him “Snoopy” because of the way he looked and because every good parent knows to refer to their son as a cartoon dog. Snoop, along with his cousins Nate Dogg, Lil’ ½ Dead, and his pal Warren G recorded homemade tapes as a group called 213, which was the Long Beach area code. It’s kind of like how Pitbull refers to himself as Mr. 305, except actually, y’know, cool.