The facts about Barack Obama detail the life and involvement in political office of the 44th president of the United States. Barack Obama, who is the most powerful person in the world has got some very interesting facts! Here are 7 Facts about Barack Obama that will shock you.
Facts about Barack Obama You never Knew.
- Obama was born on Aug. 4, 1961, in Honolulu. His first name, Barack, means “blessed” in Swahili and was also his Kenyan father’s name.
2. He was known as “O’Bomber” at high school for his skill at basketball
3. He is left-handed – the sixth post-war president to be left-handed
4. He married Michelle Robinson, also a Harvard Law School graduate, who supervised him while he was working as a summer associate in a Chicago law firm. They have two daughters, Malia and Sasha.
5. While on the campaign trail he refused to watch CNN and had sports channels on instead
6. He was known as Barry until university when he asked to be addressed by his full name
7. He won a Grammy in 2006 for the audio version of his memoir, Dreams From My Father